2011 Acura ZDX Review,Price,Feature
After being officially revealed for the 2010 model year, the Acura ZDX enters the 2011 model year offering the same level of luxury and performance. The 2011 ZDX will be offered in three trim levels: ZDX ($45,645), ZDX with Technology Package ($50,145), and ZDX with Advance Package ($56,195).
Designed as a competitor for the BMW X6, the ZDX features exquisite design elements consisting of a panoramic glass roof, hidden rear door handles, and bold fender flares. It is powered by a V6 engine that delivers 300 HP and comes standard with a Sequential SportShift 6-speed automatic transmission.
As several of our editors have reported, the ZDX is one of the more perplexing (and perhaps frustrating) packages in recent years. It's drop-dead gorgeous from some angles, yet it lacks practicality in some very basic ways, like adequate headroom or a cargo area that can take paper shopping sacks without obscuring visibility even more. All while the roofline itself is a little too tall, by some tastes, to be called a coupe. Even getting into the back seat is much harder than you'd expect due to the odd cutlines.
Price is likely part of the trouble, too. The ZDX from the start was priced a little too high for its target market—which we would think are younger stylistas: urban gallery owners, clothiers, and the like, as well as a few ad execs and creative directors.
The 2011 Acura ZDX is a luxury four-door sedan with sleek styling on the outside and a variety of features including:
* Pricing: A $45,495 MSRP is expected for the 2011 ZDX
* Engine: The 2011 ZDX will be powered by the same 300 horsepower 3.7-liter VTEC V6 engine as the 2010 model.
* Fuel Economy: Fuel economy for 2011 will remain at 16/22 miles per gallon city/highway.
* Acceleration: Acceleration for the ZDX is average at 6.7 seconds for zero to sixty miles per hour.
* Transmission:6-speed automatic transmission with manual shifting option.
* Car Safety Features: Five stars across the line and in every category, the 2010 Acura RDX features a full complement of airbags, active front head restraints and new for 2011, a collision avoidance system.
* Warranty: Acura’s warranty is better than some, not as good as others at 4-years/50,000 miles.